BrightData makes it quick and easy for wind analysts to get access to reanalysis datasets.
BrightData is built for desktop use and is not optimised for mobile. Modern browsers should be used in order to work effectively. Issues have been found when using Safari for Windows version 5 and earlier.
BrightData currently provides the MERRA-2 dataset covering most of Europe from 2002 to present.
We currently cover most of Europe due to current customer demand, however we are open to expanding. Please let us know if you need certain geographical areas covered or if you have other reanalysis data needs.
How to use
- Click on the map selecting your location of interest.
- BrightData will retrieve the 4 nearest MERRA-2 datasets to that location.
- Mouseover each dataset location to see it's details.
- Click on icon to add dataset to your order list.
- Click icon again to remove.
- Set date range you would like dataset to cover.
- Input your email address. This is used for subscription verification and also to deliver link to datasets.
- Click 'Order'.
- Verify the datasets you have ordered and click 'OK'.
- If subscription is out of date please click the email address in the verification step to let us know.
- Once ordered, you will receive an email within a few minutes containing a link to your ordered datasets.
- Click this link and download your datasets from the Orders page. The file naming convention is "[order number]_[reanalysis dataset]_[degrees north]_[degrees east]_[start date]_[end date].csv"